3 Certificate Programs in Trauma, PTSD & Traumatic Brain Injury
30 / 36 / 66 CE Credits - $180 / $216 / $330
CE Credits for Psychologists. CE Credits (CEUs) for LMFTs, Social Workers, Counselors and Nurses.
CE Approvals by BBS-CA, ASWB, NBCC, NAADAC, CA-BRN & more.
Zur Institute is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Zur Institute maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
Our understanding of the causes, neurobiology, and treatment of trauma has increased exponentially in the last decade. Trauma is not just one condition requiring one standard treatment. Therapists are highly likely--wittingly or unwittingly--to come into contact with clients suffering from trauma that is war or accident-related, a result of childhood or domestic abuse, and even second and third generations of children whose ancestors transmitted a traumatized neurobiological and psychological traumatized perspective. The roots and effects of trauma may be so deep-seated that therapists may mistakenly treat depression or anxiety without understanding the underlying causes. Because much of what we thought we knew about the effects and treatment of trauma has been disproven, today's therapists may be delivering less than the standard of care.
Therapists whose understanding of traumatic experience and treatment is confined to therapies such as EMDR and Exposure CBT are often operating from a severely limited perspective. These courses are designed to bring therapists up to speed in understanding the complex causes, manifestations and treatments required to adequately assess and treat victims of trauma with both acute and prolonged traumatic symptoms. Therapists will learn the neurobiology of trauma, which is essential to understanding traumatic memories, how and why they are recalled, and how trauma affects emotional regulation and relationships. They will also learn how to distinguish between trauma and traumatic brain injuries, such as severe concussive shock from mortars, grenades and football. Because today's therapists should not limit their treatment to resolving trauma but helping clients to grow stronger than before, the certificate program will also cover the latest and perhaps most important area of trauma treatment--post-traumatic growth.
Disclaimer: The courses offered in these certificate programs regarding Trauma, PTSD, & Traumatic Brain Injury are purely educational and do not intend to serve as a license (or permission) to mental health professionals to prescribe or practice any of the approaches discussed in these certificate programs unless they fall within the scope of practice of your profession. Check with your licensing board about the scope of practice of your profession to make sure you practice within that scope.
Trauma, PTSD & Traumatic Brain Injury
Certificate Program #1 - 30 CE - is comprised of the following 3 online courses:
- Crisis & Trauma: Identification, Assessment and Treatment for Acute and Prolonged Symptoms 15 CE Credits
(Fulfills Crisis and Trauma Counseling Requirement for pre-licensure for LPCCs in CA)
- Understanding And Treating Intergenerational Transmission of Trauma 10 CE Credits
- Post Traumatic Growth: Beyond Survival and Recovery 5 CE Credits
Total cost of the 30 CE Credits - 3 online course certificate program (save $107): $180
To order Certificate Program #1 now
PTSD, Trauma, Traumatic Brain Injury: Definitions, Descriptions and Treatments
Certificate Program #2 - 36 CE - is comprised of the following 4 online courses:
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder:
Defined, Described, Detailed and Debated 20 CE Credits
- Treating Trauma, PTSD and Traumatic Brain Injury 10 CE Credits
- Post-Traumatic Growth: Advanced Clinical Applications 4 CE Credits
- Veterans: Assessment and Screening for PTSD & Suicidality 2 CE Credits
Total cost of the 36 CE Credits - 4 online course certificate program (save $111): $216
To order Certificate Program #2 now
Trauma, PTSD & Traumatic Brain Injury: Definitions, Descriptions and Treatments
Certificate Program #3 - 66 CE - is comprised of the above two certificate programs (above 7 online courses)
Total cost of the 66 CE Credits - 7 online course certificate program (save $284): $330
To order Certificate Program #3 now
- Upon completion of the courses, you will receive, via email, a two-page pdf of your certificate of completion for your course of study, "Trauma, PTSD & Traumatic Brain Injury."
- You do not have to complete a certificate or a course in one sitting.
- You can complete these courses in more than one session over a three-year period.
- You will receive individual course certificates upon completion of each course.
1. Sign up securely online.
2. Read/listen to articles and audios.
3. Submit evaluation & post-test.
4. Print your certificate.