Jungian Psychotherapy, Part I:
Understanding the Jungian Worldview
6 CE Credits/Hours - Online Course - $59.00
Developed by David Van Nuys, Ph.D.
Course includes the works of Dr. Arnold Mindell, Dr. James Hollis & Dr. Jerry Rhul
CE Credits for Psychologists. CE Credits (CEUs) for LMFTs, Social Workers, Counselors and Nurses.
CE Approvals by BBS-CA, ASWB, NBCC, NAADAC, CA-BRN & more.
Zur Institute is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Zur Institute maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
This course is also offered as part of a Jungian Psychotherapy Certificate Program of 33 CE Credits.
Save time & money with our Online Packages.
1. Sign up securely online.
2. Read/listen to the articles & audios.
3. Submit evaluation & post-test.
4. Print your certificate.
To order this Course now
GENERAL COURSE DESCRIPTION
This is the first in a series of five courses on Jungian psychotherapy with Dr. David Van Nuys. Through his engaging podcast interviews, Dr. Van Nuys takes us through a journey of exploration with articulate Jungian experts. It includes discussion on the Jungian approach to dreams, cinema, conflict resolution, and much more. Topics range from the fascinating Red Book, to letters between Freud and Jung, to a Jungian view of natural disasters. This course is captivating to anyone interested in the history and practice of Jungian psychotherapy, consciousness, and a Jungian approach to how we operate, collaborate, and grow.
This intermediate level course is composed of seven podcast interview audios, six of which come with written transcripts. The Introductory interview is with Nancy Furlotti, who shows us Jung's history through the rich contents and context of the Red Book. The second set, The Jungian Life,includes an interview with Dr. James Hollis on the Jungian approach to middle life, and one with Dr. Jerry Ruhl on the Jungian approach to the unlived life - what happens to us regarding the choices we opted not to choose along the way. The third set of interviews, Jung Around the World, shows us the Freud-Jung letters through the eyes of Freud scholar Dr. Douglas Davis, and a Jungian look at the Louisiana Gulf and natural disasters with Richard Chachere. In the fourth set of interviews, The Dream State, we understand the application of dreamwork to waking-life conflict resolution with Drs. Arnold and Amy Mindell, and explore the connection between cinema and the collective unconscious with film expert Dr. Tui Wilchinsky. Finally, the course offers a resources list for further exploration.
This course is the first in a series on Jungian Psychotherapy with Dr. David Van Nuys. The second course is Exploring Jungian Archetypes, the third course is Tools and Applications, the fourth course is Active Imagination, and the fifth course is Myth, Story, and Synchronicity.
This course will teach the participant to
- Integrate a Jungian worldview into psychotherapy practice.
- Discuss the Jungian view of cinema.
- Summarize the relationship between Freud and Jung.
- Compare the perspectives of Jung and Freud.
- Approach dream analysis from a Jungian point of view.
- Describe the contents of the Red Book.
- Introduction to Jungian Psychology
- History of Jung
- Contents of the Red Book
- Overview of the process of publishing the Red Book
- Jung's exploration of the unconscious
- Jung's visions and prophecies
- The Jungian Life
- A Jungian approach to aging
- Exploration of the effect of declined choices
- Alternate approaches to common problems
- Mid-life as an opportunity
- Jung Around the World
- Jung's clinical work
- Development of friendship
- The Freud-Jung letters
- The friendship and fallout of Freud and Jung
- Jungian approach to marginalized populations, including animals
- The Dream-State
- What dreams can teach us
- Recognizing the unconscious in waking life
- Connection between dreams and the body
- Jungian approach to dreamwork
- Conflict Resolution
- Cinema's role in revealing consciousness
- Jungian approach to cinema
- Cinema as a gateway to self-knowledge
To order this Course now