Optimizing Performance with Psychology
3 CE Credits - Online Course - $29.00
Developed by Nick Lazaris, Psy.D.
This course is also offered as part of a Coaching & Psychotherapy Certificate Program for 24 CE Credits.
CE Credits for Psychologists,
LMFTs, LPCCs, LEPs & LCSWs (BBS) Social
Counselors (NBCC, NAADAC, CALPCC), Nurses (BRN) & More
Save time & money with our Online Packages.
1. Sign up securely online.
2. Read/listen to articles & audios.
3. Submit evaluation & post-test.
4. Print your certificate.
To order this Course now
GENERAL COURSE DESCRIPTION
Performance Psychology is emerging as a practice area that focuses on applying psychological principles, theories, and skills to enhance optimal performance among populations such as performing artists, athletes, and those in the business world. This course explores the development of domain-specific knowledge and application of Psychological Skills Training (PST), such as those used in sport psychology, to allow for the consultant/practitioner to effect specific change in the performance of clients in pressure situations. Although geared to practitioners as an introduction to the field, ready-to-use skills and principles are presented for the practitioner to apply to their own performance as well as to the populations mentioned above.
This introductory-level course is appropriate for practitioners of all levels of experience. The first set of articles, Introduction to Performance Psychology, explores the history of performance consulting, as well as providing a look at domain-specific populations the practitioner is likely to work with in this field of consulting. The second section of the course, Is Performance Consulting for You? includes an interview with one of the leading authorities in the field of Performance Psychology, Dr. Kate Hayes, as well as an assessment of your self-described readiness to practice as a performance consultant. The third set of articles, Psychological Skills for Performance Enhancement, includes specific descriptions and discussions around the skill-set of the performance consultant. The fourth section, Developing a Performance Consulting Practice, provides the practitioner with a comprehensive discussion of the skills and actions necessary to market and apply the previous skill set to specific populations. Finally, Further Resources provides an extensive bibliography, articles, and resources to support the practitioner's journey to working with performance specific populations.
This course will teach psychotherapists to
- Explain the history and purpose of performance psychology.
- Review basic Psychological Skills Training (PST) for performance enhancement.
- Apply the 4 steps to integrating performance psychology into a practice.
- Introduction to Performance Psychology
- Explore a brief history of performance psychology
- Application of performance consulting to domain-specific populations
- Assessment - Are You Ready for Performance Consulting?
- Psychological Skills for Performance Enhancement
- Specific cognitive skill-set and methods
- Specific arousal management skills
- Developing a Performance Psychology Practice
- Applying performance enhancement skills to desired populations
- Marketing the performance consulting practice
- Links, books, articles, and other resources
- Relevant professional associations
For Author's Bio, Click Here.
To order this Course now