Growing Up Digital ~ Psychology Of The Internet
By Dr. Ofer Zur
The resources on this page explore the following questions:
- Can the Internet and online gaming be addictive?
- What is Internet Addiction?
- What is the impact of technology on children, families, parents, and the relationships between parents and children?
- What are the positive, neutral, and negative aspects of technology in general, Internet and online gaming?
- How can we help our children reap the benefits of technology and gaming and avoid the pitfalls?
- How do various generations differ in their views and use of technology?
- Does multitasking reduce concentration, focus, comprehension and retention?
- What is the true nature of multitasking?
- Are young people's brains are different from those of adults?
- How do we make sure that young children do not have access to harmful material?
- Can online gaming be educational?
- How can we treat excessive self-destructive or addictive use of the Internet or online gaming?
- What is the effects on families and work environments when the young people have greater mastery of technology that the older generation?
- How do we achieve balance between virtual and non-virtual or online and offline lives?
Resources on Gaming & Internet Addiction:
Psychology of the Web & Digital Divide:
Online Courses on Internet Addiction, Cybersex, CyberBullying, and Psychology of the Web:
Technology, Speed and Soul: