A New Online Telehealth Course 13 CE Credits
By Zur Institute
For a complete list of all Clinical Updates, click here.
A 3-Minute Audio Intro
This is groundbreaking course is one of the most comprehensive courses available on the topic of telehealth. It includes 7 audio interviews with top experts along with several articles, guidelines, and ample useful resources.
- Telehealth, or Tele-Mental-Health, is no longer the way of the future; it is the way of the present.
- Practices that may fall under the umbrella of telehealth include conducting therapy via teleconferencing (such as Skype), phone, e-mails, texts, chats or Virtual Reality therapy (i.e., Second Life)
- This new course sheds light on some of the confusing and complicated issues arising in the rapidly and excitingly evolving field of Telehealth
Telehealth: The New Standard - Ethical, Legal, Clinical, Technological, and Practice Considerations
fulfills California and other states' ethics and law requirements
Take advantage of our $99 Introductory Offer for this new 13 CE credit course
Some of the questions addressed in this new Telehealth Online Course:
- Therapy via Skype is easy and convenient - but is it HIPAA-compliant?
- Can I treat a client who seeks my services and resides in a different state or different country?
- Can I treat a long-term client via phone, text, or e-mail who just went to college in another state where I am not licensed? The client does come home for the holidays and summer.
- Will insurance companies or Medicare reimburse me for phone or Skype sessions?
- What about Informed Consent?
- How do I know if the person on the other side of the Chat is a man or woman, young or old?
- Can someone really do therapy primarily using text?
- How do I keep records of texts, e-mails, chats, and video-conferencing?
- Where do I start if I want to provide telehealth services?
- What do the codes of ethics say about telehealth?
- The course includes a revised, comprehensive Telehealth Resources Page