Zur Institute's Innovative Resources & Online Continuing Education
- I found this critique of positive psychology fascinating. Thank you! (Pros and Cons of Positive Psychology)
H.H., M.S.W., California, US
March 3, 2017
- Dr Marty Klein is by far one of your best instructors..I so appreciate the way he communicates information. Very easily understood, interesting, filled with humor......JUST GREAT!!!
I really learned a lot, THANK YOU Dr. Ofer Zur for offering this type of coursework to us. Makes CEU's so much more enjoyable. Feel like I am really learning something working in this self study manner, vs going to a conference/workshop. (Sexual Issues - Diagnosis and Treatments)
J.K., M.A., California, US
March 3, 2017
- Electronic and social media discussion was helpful and innovative. I appreciate the use of Zur's forms.
(Confidentiality in Psychotherapy and Counseling)
F.S., Ph.D., California, US
February 28, 2017
- Being a Jungian psychotherapist, I was concerned that it might be too introductory. While it was more of a survey than I am used to - I could have listened to a whole seminar on just one of the modalities - it was so full of new and clarifying information that I was more than satisfied. I'm always amazed at how I can be exposed to a concept again and again and hear it in a different way each time, always learning something new. (Jungian Psychotherapy: Active Imagination)
E.S., M.A., Maine, US
February 26, 2017
There were a lot of things I thought I knew about this topic that were narrow and/or inaccurate. The course was really useful in expanding my knowledge base!
(Cybersex and Internet Sex Addiction)
S.E., Psy.D., New York, US
February 23, 2017
I conduct assessments with children, teens and young adults. Frequently, families have older members and this information helps me to better understand the global challenges of the family as they all transition together. Thanks! (Aging and Positive Psychology: Cognitive, Biological, Personality, Health, and Clinical Issues)
C.M., Ph.D., California, US
Feb 18, 2017
Excellent course. Should be required reading for all freshmen!
(Obedience and Resistance to Authority)
A.H., Ph.D., California, US
February 12, 2017
Excellent course on a topic rarely addressed so well.
(Power in Psychotherapy and Counseling)
S.G., Ph.D., California, US
January 7, 2017
Since I am a practitioner who uses EAP, it is very helpful to learn about the current state of this modality in various settings and locations. (Equine-Assisted Psychotherapy: Straight Talk from the Horse's Mouth)
P.M., MSW, South Carolina, US
January 5, 2017
One of the better courses I have taken for CEs as a professional. (Deceptive Clients: Ethically-Based Strategies for Dealing with Client Deception)
L.R., Ph.D., Nevada, US
December 26, 2016
Thank you for providing valuable tools and resources in a clear, reliable, professional and ethical way. I appreciate knowing I will always receive a quality product from the Zur Institute! (Coaching for the Clinician)
A.L., M.S.W., Florida, US
December 24, 2016
I liked the combination of articles and audio material, data and first person accounts, and the range of perspectives. I was surprised how engaging it was.(Suicide: Assessment, Treatment and Prevention)
J.W., Ph.D., Washington, US
December 7, 2016
- This was my second on-line course through The Zur Institute. I have benefited from both courses. I have recommended Zur Institute to other professionals. Thank you. (DSM-5 - Friend or Foe?)
C.Y., M.S., LMFT, Maine, US
December 6, 2016
Thank you! Very resourceful, informative, and educational! Really like the way you put the study materials and instructions of getting it done! (Human Sexuality: Advances and Treatment)
Y.H., Ph.D., Indiana, US
November 29, 2016
- Starting my own private practice so this was especially helpful and I learned a lot. Reassuring and instructive. (Record Keeping)
C.P., Psy.D., California, US
November 22, 2016
- Roy Huggins really did an amazing job! This information was extremely relevant to me and to my goals of starting a telemental health component of my practice. I loved the videos. They really enhanced my learning and made it easier for me to make time to focus on the material. (Telehealth)
D.T., Ph.D, California, US
November 20, 2016
Amazing CE course! (Couples In Therapy: Working Effectively)
J.A., Ph.D., California, US
November 6, 2016
- I want Dr. Zur to know that his work has been exceedingly helpful to me. I used his informed consent packet and it has been a good guardian and helpful informant for my practice. He is truly one of a kind.
J.S., LCPC, Maryland, US
September 1, 2016
- Dr Zur's courses are always thorough, well thought out and "user Friendly"! (Supervision Specific to Social Work)
R.G., MSW, California, US
August 29, 2016
- This was my first course taken through Zur Institute. There are many options out there and I'm happy that I found this and don't need to sift through others. I plan to do the majority of my CEUs here. Thank you. (Effective and Ethical Supervision course)
J.P., Psy.D., California, US
August 17, 2016
- I have used this website many times during the past few years, and continue to be impressed by the clarity, professionalism and up to date information it provides. A lot of rich information for reasonable fees. Thank you so much.
C.B., Ph.D., California, US
August 13, 2016
- This institute is wonderful. I honestly want to take most all courses and will over time. An absolute Asset to the profession. (Jungian courses)
D.B., M.Ed., Malaysia
August 10, 2016
- Highest quality of continuing education at an affordable price. Thank you. (Boundaries course)
C.W., MA, BS, Iowa, US
August 9, 2016
- Dr. Zur is an excellent educator and professional. He obviously has a passion for his work. I appreciate your knowledge and your dedication. I use all your material for my private practice (all the forms). Thanks.
C.D., LCSW, Florida, US
August 8, 2016
- Thank you for your most efficient and excellent website and follow up services!
C.W., LCSW, California, US
August 3, 2016
- This is the first time I didn't give up on the hope that I could learn a lot of practical and implementable HIPAA information that would allow me to make immediate changes in my practice - changes that will further improve my compliance and ability to understand the related ethics, standards and guidelines. Thank you!
L.G., PhD, Massachusettes, US
July 24, 2016
- This was my first course taken through the Zur Institute and I will definitely be taking others. The materials were relevant, informative, and clear with input from area experts. Well done! (TeleMental Health)
J.O., PhD, Georgia, US
July 19, 2016
- About 2 months ago I took your online HIPAA course. It was wonderful. This training has been a major help to our staff. Thank you!
C.G., MS, LPC, LSATP, MAC, Virginia, US
June 16, 2016
- Over the past several years I've taken a number of courses for fulfillment of CEUs. The Zur Institute courses blow the rest out of the water. The material is consistently presented in a clear, concise, interesting and relevant manner.
R.F., Ph.D., Massachusettes, US
March 25, 2016
- I recently completed your certificate program in Telemental Health. These courses are amazing! I have been doing eTherapy with my California clients for the past 18 months, because I was called back home to New England to help a friend with a terminal illness. I am a digital immigrant, who thought little of the possibilities. (I will be 70 in a few weeks!) My experience soon proved me wrong. My clients are flourishing. Your courses have given order and shape to what I basically stumbled into with bubble gum and bailing wire. They have also inspired me to continue to develop my practice along these lines going forward.
I hope this finds you happy and well. Thank you so much,
A.B., L.M.F.T., California, US
March 28, 2016
- As always, your programs make CEU's as easy, painless, and simple as possible, and yet are substantive as well. I recommend you highly to colleagues whenever the topic of CEU's comes up. (Anxiety Disorders)
A.S., Ph.D., California, US
March 24, 2016
- I think the supervision training I purchased from you was more in depth, had better supporting material, was more engaging, and was generally much better than other on-line supervision trainings that I have found. They often give the same content over and over, but yours provided new learning. Additionally, your training was focused on multiple learning styles and went beyond a simple lecture, which I appreciated.
P.S., M.S.W., Minnesota, US
January 12, 2016
- I chose Zur Institute for CEs because of the non-dogmatic viewpoint presented, and I can see it has helped modify the professional ethics for the good over time. (Termination)
M.L., M.A., California, US
November 5, 2015
- This CE program and certification was highly recommended by a colleague- and I am not disappointed. (Coaching)
B.N., MSW, California, US
November 2, 2015
- I will recommend this to everyone within my office. Extremely useful information presented in a thoughtful manner to allow for all learning styles. Thank you for putting this course together! (Digital Ethics, Security & Privacy)
L.M., Ph.D., Oklahoma, US
September 15, 2015
- This has been an exceptional training. I greatly appreciate the information and how it was presented. Thank you. (Autism and the Neurodiversity Paradigm)
B.N., LCSW, Washington, US
September 12, 2015
- Dear Dr. Zur, Just finished your Hipaa Update. I must say that you provide a great service through your updates of Hipaa regs plus Hipaa forms-makes it easy to update and conform to current state of the art.
L.L., Ph.D., California, US
September 6, 2015
- I use Zur Institute CEU coursework because of the consistent value of the courses. (Treatment Planning Made Simple)
P.A., M.S.W., California, US
July 25, 2015
Many thanks for excellent service. Probably the best online offerings and efficiency anywhere. Hats off.
R.L., Ph.D., California, US
July 2, 2015
- I have done several online courses with the Zur Institute at each license renewal for the past several years. This is a great resource for online continuing education. Dr. Zur is highly organized and timely in professional topics.
S.B., Ed.D., North Carolina, US
May 1, 2015
- This course (Counseling Boomers and Seniors) was highly effective in presenting relevant materials. I learned more from this course than any other I have taken with Zur Institute.
T.R., M.S., Oklahoma, US
April 22, 2015
- Unfortunately I left many CEU's needing to be obtained too close to license renewal date. A colleague told me about Dr. Ofer Zur's online coursework. I was DREADING taking the time to sit with the computer, wrongly thinking I would be bored out of my mind. It is quite the contrary, I am so unbelievably interested in the material!!! So far all the courses taken have been very informative, well organized, and very easy for someone like me who is somewhat challenged when using computers. Thank You Zur Institute.
J.L., M.A., California, US
March 27, 2015
- I have taken several Zur Institute courses over the years. I find them to be better organized, and with more useful material than many "in person" conferences I attend.
S.G., M.S.W., New Jersey, US
March 26, 2015
- I've found no other organization that matches your efficiency, wide range of course offerings, and ease of engagement. You make a laborious process about as pain-limited as possible. I recommend you highly to my colleagues - have for years now. Best,
A.S., Ph.D., California, US
March 22, 2015
- I was expecting this to be a waste of time but was very plesantly surprised to find this material was interesting, relevant and well done. I particularly like the material on ertoicism, marriage and women.
A.J., M.A., California, US
March 11, 2015
- These Zur Institute Trainings are simply the highest quality online trainings I have seen in my professional career of nearly a quarter century. Thank you Dr. Zur.
J.C., MS, Georgia, US
February 6, 2015
- This was the best course I've taken from Ofer Zur (Anxiety Disorders). It was theoretical, clinical, relevant, easily presented and hands on. I really liked it.
A.G., Psy.D., California, US
February 5, 2015
- Probably the most interesting course I've taken online.
(Digital & Social Media Ethics)
L.H., M.S.W., California, US
January 17, 2015
- This was an outstanding course (Record Keeping). One of THE BEST online courses I have ever taken.
D.T., MS., California, US
January 15, 2015
- Overall excellent course and I am an AASECT Certified Sex Therapist and AASECT Diplomate in Sex Therapy. (Infidelity & Affairs)
J.C., Psy.D., New York, US
January 13, 2015
- These ZUR courses are very intellectual and helpful to me as a supervisor. (Adv. Topics in Clinical Supervision)
P.T., M.S.W., Idaho, US
January 12, 2015
- Best course I've taken from Zur Institute. Most interesting and good articles and interview. (Obedience and Resistance to Authority)
A.D., Ph.D., California, US
January 6, 2015
- Exceptional, deft handling of a fluid topic! Interesting, engaging discussions and useful, practical handouts. (TeleMental Health)
J.D., M.S.W., Washington, US
January 5, 2015
- Another excellent course (Cybersex & Internet Sex Addiction). Your site is the most user friendly and accommodating I frequent, right on par with Amazon and Netflix, the only other two that provide the usability you provide. Thank you.
S.E., Ph.D., California, US
December 31, 2014
- My compliments and support for your course offerings and your ongoing willingness to challenge the shibboleths and conventional wisdom of psychiatry and psychotherapy. I'd like to take several of your courses as you are one of the very, very few clinical educational organizations which offers any courses which challenges clinicians to think.
H.K., MSW, California, US
December 29, 2014
- I have taken multiple courses on HIPPA both in person and online. This is the best yet. The name of the course is perfect (HIPAA Made Simple). This is the friendliest HIPPA course ever.
J.C., Ph.D., Georgia, US
December 15, 2914, 2014
- Zur's courses are always easy to do, easy to pass if you pay attention. and the price is right. If you have a chance to hear him in person, be ready to be entranced.
L.M., Ph.D., California, US
October 14, 2014
- I highly recommend this course (Digital and Social Media Ethics for Psychotherapists: Clinical and Ethical Considerations) to better understand the ethical challenges in professional counseling and the internet.
J.Y., M.S., Idaho, US
June 24, 2014
The course (Therapist Self-Disclosure: Ethical and Clinical Considerations) was very well organized thus, easy!!! The web site itself worked functionally & was easy to complete course, thanks!!!
C.S., M.S., California, US
April 22, 2014
Wow!!! Life changing experience taking your course, both personally and professionally!
Seriously, it's given me a much, much expanded vocabulary; a large set of therapy tools; and a lot of new horizons for personal and professional growth. I'm looking forward to learning more about the beginnings I've made.
The CBT, DBT and Evidence-based devotees need a healthy dose of this course to counter-balance their ego-based concepts of humanity. Thanks so much,
K.P., Ph.D., North Carolina, US
April 22, 2014
Pamela, Many thanks. You did me one better than I requested and I truly appreciate your help. I think the Zur Institute does a terrific job in educating practitioners and is extremely user friendly. Ofer is also a rational, reasonable psychologist! His presentations are articulate and well organized. And you are a terrific director of operations. I have recommended you all to many colleagues. Thank you again.
N.D., Ph.D., California, US
April 22, 2014
For psychologists, the Zur Institute is the best provider of APA continuing eduction credits. I am very satisfied with its courses.
H.M., Ph.D., California, US
April 18, 2014
You are so generous, I am delighted and grateful. Dr. Zur has been a God Send for my C.E.U.s while living abroad!
T.P., Ph.D., Saudi Arabia
March 26, 2014
- Dear Ms. Adler,
You are wonderful! Thank you so much for promptly attending to my problem. I am so happy with the quality of Zur institute and especially with the personal service you provided me. I intend to continue using Zur institute for all of my CE credits. Thanks again!
D.G., M.S., California, US
March 17, 2014
I thank you for your congratulations with regard to completion of the courses! I thank you also for your kindness in offering me [help]! That means so much to me : ). I was beyond pleased with each course I completed, and navigation throughout each course and the website overall was very user friendly! I will most definitely utilize the Zur Institute for future educational needs, and I will also be sure to recommend the Zur Institute with highest compliments to anyone I know needing coursework of this kind. Thanks so much for all of your help!
R.M., M.A., Wisconsin, US
March 12, 2014
Your materials are always top flight, the perspectives & range of your subjects refreshing; & I very much look forward to another opportunity to learn through them. Thank you (& happy belated New Year!),
J.H., M.A., LMFT, California, US
January 21, 2014
This is my second course. I started taking the courses for the CEU's but am learning so much on topics I am interested in that I will no longer have to worry about having the number of CEU's needed for licensure!
D.C., M.Ed., Kentucky, US
October 11, 2013
- Dear Ms. Adler, I am impressed with your speedy response and appreciate you taking my concerns seriously.
Thank you for letting me know that the issues have already been resolved. You can bet that when I next need CEUs, Zur Institute is where I will turn to. Have a great rest of the day!
N.M., Ph.D., California, US
August 27, 2013
- I have always used the Zur Institute and find it extremely helpful and easy to navigate.
M.J., Ph.D., California, US
July 8, 2013
- Oh my goodness, Deborah. You, Pamela, and the Zur Institute provide such wonderful customer satisfaction! I have been promoting the courses through word-of-mouth.... Thank you for all of your consideration. Warmly,
D.P., M.A., Canada
July 8, 2013
- Zur Institute's DSM-5 - Friend or Foe? is by far the best online CE experience I have ever had! Thank you!
S.B., Ed.D., North Carolina, US
June 21, 2013
- Thank you so much. I love Zur Institute classes because you are always so responsive when I need help. I have used other CEU classes on-line in the past but had endless problems with the sites and no help available. I saw Dr. Zur in person a few years ago and think he's brilliant and a good speaker, too.
P.I., M.A., California, US
June 7, 2013
- Thanks again for getting back to me so quickly. I think the Token Program is a great idea, because we can now select courses one by one, rather than all at once, which is nice. I really enjoy taking these courses and get a lot out of them and I appreciate your terrific customer service as well.
L.W., Psy.D., California, US
May 24, 2013
- Thank you for your quick response and for the information. I didn't know how much of a change there was to the current version of the HIPAA course, so it's helpful to know that it's a major revision. I was already planning to take the HIPAA Security and Privacy course sometime over the next few months. I also had noticed the addition of the feature that allows one to purchase a bundle of tokens. It's a great option. It makes it easier to find a package that's of interest and that doesn't include courses I've already taken.
Thank you again for your help.
S.F., PhD, MEd, LPC-S, Texas, US
May 18, 2013
- I can't wait to find more certificate courses you offer that I can use in my practice as a performance and life coach. Thank You!
E.G., Psy.D, California, US
April 29, 2013
I really appreciate that the resources for this course (HIPAA) are regularly updated. I have taken a few courses through Zur and have enjoyed each of them. Thank you for providing such important and relevant information to this field.
D.T., Counselor, Arizona, US
April 17, 2013
- Hello Pamela,
My sincere thanks for your positive response to my document access
dilemma. I am grateful also that the author will be able to help out
with such short notice. Zur Institute is an incredible source for
training; one of, if not the MOST, accessible resources I know of to
F.M., Ph.D., California, US
April 9, 2013
- I just wanted to say how impressed I am with the courses. These have to be the best courses I have ever taken in the field. I'm really happy I found your website. What a blessing!
O.V., Ph.D, Canada
April 5, 2013
- I value the deeper reflection required with Dr. Zur's courses. Many other courses are too lightweight for me; they seem to cater to folks who just want to get through them quickly.
W.W., Psy.D., California, US
June 28, 2012
- I've taken two courses with you now and enjoyed them both immensely, and your customer service has been consistently amazing. In fact, when I found I needed one more course for my license renewal, one of my first thoughts was "let me check the Zur Institute. I bet they'll have something fascinating."
M.O., Social Worker, North Carolina, US
June 22, 2012
- Great course, I am so happy that I was referred to the Zur Institute from the Orange County Psychological Association CA. I plan to take many more CEUs from ZUR thanks again.
T.J., Ph.D., California, US
April 17, 2012
- I am extremely impressed with your speedy response to this concern. It is refreshing to deal with an institute that values their clients.
Thank You Very Much,
D.P., Psy.D., California, US
October 6, 2011
- Pamela. U guys are so awesome. Thank you. I love your courses and you are so easy to work with when I have had questions or problems in the past. You are my number 1 place for ce courses.
R.A., Psychologist, California, US
September 27, 2011
- Wow, I am now more impressed with the Zur Institute: not only do you have excellent courses across a very wide range of topics, you really do take evaluation comments seriously. As already the case, I will continue to suggest your offerings to colleagues who are searching for CE classes, so many of which are not a good experience (especially the ethics classes which are often designed to scare clinicians into compliance with a rigidly legalistic perspective about providing care to people).
You folks are a "bargain" and valuable, particularly for us "senior" clinicians (30+ years in practice) who become tired of the usual CE offerings.
July 18, 2011
- Hi Dr. Zur, I said it again and again, THANK YOU. I am about to graduate in two months, and your website has been part of my success. Thanks you for your wisdom and generosity.
June 8, 2011
- Zur Institute is my favorite online CEU for psychology. Well done. Keep up the good work.
N.F., Psy.D., California, US
May 28, 2011
- Excellent course on Cybersex Addiction and Internet Infidelity. Makes me want to learn more. Raises my concern to protect my children and grandchildren.
D.S., Ed.D., California, US
April 30, 2011
- Dear Dr. Zur, Thank you so much for having such interesting and challenging online courses that go beyond traditional therapy and remind us of the whole person. I really enjoy the diversity and human-ness of the courses. Thanks again!
P.J., Ph.D., Washington, US
April 29, 2011
- I just want you to know how pleased I was with the online CEU coursework. I have referred three other clinicians to your website.
A.K., Mental Health Coordinator, Maryland, US
April 20, 2011
- Your voice of reason and truth are ALWAYS so welcome and refreshing! How is it that the individuals within the policy making institutions so easily lose their ability to THINK.....as well as their humaness???? Easier that way, I guess....no complexities to deal with...eeeyou!... can make a head hurt.
T.M., Marriage and Family Therapist, California, US
April 7, 2011
- I heard about this program from a presenter as I was unable to attend her ethic training and needed some ceus for licensure. I was pleasantly surprised at how this provided some interesting material. It kept my attention, and I felt as if was valuable information. Thank you.
B.S., Licensed Professional Counselor, Maine, US
April 1, 2011
- These are the most intelligently written courses and the most efficient website.
G.C., Counselor, California, US
March 27, 2011
- Dr. Zur: I have taken some of your courses and I have found them to be very useful and user friendly. The information I first got from you last year on Digital Natives/Digital Immigrants has been a life changing experience for me. I use the information in my therapy sessions and in my supervision of interns (and give you credit, of course). Thank you for this follow-up article which I am sure will be just as helpful.
B.W., Ph.D., Idaho, US
March 18, 2011
- Another hugely interesting article - and well-timed as I am speaking about technology next week. Many thanks for all the cutting edge material you write, and in particular for making it so freely available.
H.T., Senior Accredited Counsellor and Psychotherapist & Senior Lecturer
S. A., Great Britain
March 17, 2011
- Excellent presentations for GoodTherapy.org. I have heard you two times. I enjoy your style of presenting very much. Thank you.
V.G., Licensed Clinical Social Worker, New York, US
March 11, 2011
- Great variety of courses at a great price - passed on the info to the Psych Board!
S.S., Psychologist, Colorado, US
February 26, 2011
- I enjoy your newsletters, especially your thoughtful challenges to the received wisdom of the mental health industry.
R.S., Psychologist, California, US
December 4, 2010
- Dr. Zur's information is more than just helpful, Dr. Zur himself is a needed voice of wisdom in this work. I am unfortunate enough to work in a region that is, frankly, suffocating any notion of beneficial dual relationships, innovations in caregiving, or just plain human warmth. This is a loss for the profession, and Dr. Zur's work offers the antidote.
The Zur Institute is an amazing repository of knowledge, and represents the role of compassion, creativity, and ingenuity in treatment approaches. I wish I could insist that every administrator, Board, and supervisor could become familiar with the things Dr. Zur and the Zur Institute offer! Not only would it pull our profession back from stagnation into dynamic compassion again, but it would help us see what a role-model for those relationship-based clinical values looks like.
J.M., Social Worker, Oklahoma, US
December 1, 2010
- I just spent the past hour reading your fantastic 2010 article "The Risky Business of Risk Management". You are like an oasis of reason in a desert of hysteria. You clearly are a wonderful person dedicated to making this world better by helping people and your inspiration is awesome. I am even more determined not to let the "risk management" mafia destroy our mission of helping people. You seem to be the only authority who has written so extensively, persuasively, and comprehensively (not to mention inspiringly) about the insidious effects of risk management.
T.E., Counselor, Colorado, US
November 28, 2010
- Thank you for your wonderful article about touch deprivation and the running amok of risk management.
L.M., Counselor, Arizona, US
November 25, 2010
- I want to write to say how useful I find your regular updates and sensible approach to therapeutic work. The last one on boundaries and working 'outside the room' confirmed my own instinctual responses about what is acceptable, therapeutic and maintains integrity and humanity. Best wishes for your continued success.
W.S., Counselor, Scotland
November 18, 2010