Psychology of Aging and Positive Psychology:
Biology and Psychology of Aging and What It Takes to Live
Longer, Healthier, and Happier
3 CE Credits - Online Course - $49.00
Developed by Michael Brickey, Ph.D., ABPP
The content of this course is also included in the course material of the text that comprises the Aging and Positive Psychology: Biological, Cognitive, Personality, Health, and Clinical Issues online course (10 CE Credits). You CANNOT receive credit for these two courses in the same license renewal period.
Course fulfills the Aging and Long-Term Care requirements.
Check with your state's licensing board.
CE Credits for Psychologists,
LMFTs, LPCCs, LEPs & LCSWs (BBS) Social
Counselors (NBCC, NAADAC, CALPCC), Nurses (BRN) & More
This course is also offered as part of a Certificate Program: Positive Psychology 32 CE Credits.
Save time & money with our Online Packages.
1. Sign up securely online.
2. Read the articles.
3. Submit evaluation & post-test.
4. Print your certificate.
To order this Course now
GENERAL COURSE DESCRIPTION
Between 1900 and 2000, American life expectancy jumped from 47 to 77 years. Advances in genetic engineering, tissue engineering, stem cell therapies, nanotechnology, hormone therapies, and other fields are likely to foster a longevity revolution in which lifespans get much longer and people look and function younger at older ages. What can psychology in general and positive psychology teach us about how to live longer, healthier, and happier?
This course focuses on what research on aging and research on centenarians (people 100+ years old) can teach us about living longer, healthier, and happier and how therapists can apply this knowledge to their clients (and to themselves).
This course will teach psychotherapists to
- Identify ways beliefs affect living longer, healthier, and happier.
- Summarize research on positive psychology and aging.
- Explain centenarian personality traits.
- Identify the contribution of genetics to longevity and happiness.
- Define beliefs that foster living longer, healthier, and happier.
- Summarize the research that supports these beliefs.
How beliefs affect mental and physical health and longevity
- Beliefs set up self-fulfilling prophecies and behaviors
- Beliefs about the efficacy of treatment
- The lifestyle you choose has a profound influence on your health
- The meanings you attach to events
- Your body is an apothecary
Positive psychology on aging
Psychology of aging research on who lives the longest
33 Beliefs that promote living longer, healthier, and happier
For Author's Bio, Click Here.
To order this Course now