- A list of abstracts for juried articles and articles from non-juried publications on Horsemanship & the Horse, Equine Assisted Activities & Therapies, Hippotherapy and Equine Assisted Mental Health & Learning
- NARHA is now officially the Professional Association of Therapeutic Horsemanship International (PATH Intl.) Over the years this change became necessary as the previous name did not adequately convey what the organization has grown to become. EFMA is no longer its own entity, but rather incorporated into PATH.
- A list of Equine-Assisted Therapy journal articles and book titles
- Molly DePrekel MA LP has co-authored 5 manuals complete with activities and suggestions for groups including those with self-esteem issues, anger management issues, and survivors of sexual assault.
- Claire Nana MA LMFT has been a contributing writer on exercise and mood for Trail Runner and Her Sports magazines, as well as a course author for several education courses at International Sport Science Association. Claire will be releasing her first three books, KIDS BORN THIN: A Parents' Guide To Understanding and Preventing Childhood Obesity, ON THE BACK OF THE HORSE: Harnessing The Healing Power Of The Human-Equine Bond, and NO SECRET SO CLOSE: A true story of a father's murder, a mother's betrayal, a family torn apart, and the horses that turned it all around, in Kindle edition.
Top of Page
Centers, Clinics and Organizations
Top of Page
- Broersma, P. & Houston, J. (2008). Riding into Your Mythic Life: Transformational Adventures with the Horse. Novato, CA: New World Library.
- Fine, A. (2010). Handbook on animal-assisted therapy: theoretical foundations and guidelines for practice, 3rd Edition. San Diego, CA: Academic Press.
- Hallberg, L. (2008). Walking the Way of the Horse: Exploring the Power of the Horse-Human Relationship. Bloomington, IN: iUniverse.
- Irwin, C. (2001). Dancing with Your Dark Horse: How Horse Sense Help us Find Balance, Strength and Wisdom. New York, NY: Marlowe & Company.
- Kohanov, L. (2007). The Tao of Equus: A Woman's Journey of Healing and Transformation Through the Way of the Horse. Novato, CA: New World Library.
- McCormick, A.& McCormick, M. (1997). Horse Sense and the Human Heart: What Horses Can Teach Us About Trust, Bonding, Creativity and Spirituality. Deerfield Beach, FL: Health Communications, Inc.
- Nussen, J. (2012). Soul Recovery: equine assisted activities for healing from abuse by others, loss of others & loss of self. CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform.
- Roberts, M. (2009). The Man Who Listens to Horses: The Story of a Real-Life Horse Whisperer. New York: Ballantine Books.
- Trotter, K. (2012). Harnessing the Power of Equine Assisted Counseling: Adding Animal Assisted Therapy to Your Practice. New York, NY: Routledge Taylor & Francis Group.
Top of Page