HIPAA Compliance Update 2013
1 CE Credits - Online Course - $19.00
Developed by Roy Huggins, MS NCC
CE Credits (CEUs) for Psychologists, LMFTs, Social Workers, Counselors and Nurses
CE Accreditations by APA, BBS-CA, ASWB, NBCC, NAADAC, CA-BRN & more
This course is also offered as part of a HIPAA Compliance/Security & Privacy
Savings Package of 19 CE Credits.
Save time & money with our Online Packages.
1. Sign up securely online.
2. Read/watch the articles & videos.
3. Submit evaluation & post-test.
4. Print your certificate.
To order this Course now
GENERAL COURSE DESCRIPTION
HIPAA has been updated, and it's time to get your "copy-and-paste" solutions for compliance and learn the highlights of the new rules in a brief, engaging, and simple way.
Whether your last HIPAA update was in 2003 or 2012, this short course is designed to get you up to date quickly with just the facts - and the forms - you need to keep up with the 2013 HIPAA updates. This dynamic 1-hour interview between Ofer Zur, PhD and Roy Huggins, MS NCC will explore what matters to mental health professionals in both the brand new HIPAA rules as well as the changes in HIPAA that have happened since 2003. We supply you with the updated forms necessary for compliance as well as other forms to help you take advantage of clarifications in the new rules that significantly improve client autonomy around email, texting, and other electronic communications.
This course will teach psychotherapists to
- Construct a plan for complying with the 2013 HIPAA Final Rule.
- Integrate into their practices the new concepts around Security and Privacy introduced in the 2013 HIPAA Final Rule.
- Describe changes in the national environment around Security and Privacy that have transpired since HIPAA was first passed.
- HIPAA and the standard of care
- Covered Entities (CE)
- What is a CE?
- What does it mean if one is not a CE?
- September 23, 2013 compliance deadline
- HIPAA compliance in 2013 and beyond
- HIPAA enforcement update
- Omnibus Rule
- HIPAA's role in the Affordable Care Act
- HIPAA Security Rule
- Risk assessment
- Risk management
- Business Associate changes
- Online video, cloud storage and other cloud issues
- Skype and Facetime
- Clarification around patient autonomy and email
- Clients may accept risks for emailing and texting and consent to their use
- Breach Notification Rule
- 4-point Risk assessment
- Safe harbor for computers and storage devices
- Clients can request their whole record, especially if it's electronic
- 2013 HIPAA Mini Kit - Forms
- Notice of Privacy Practices
- Simple Consent for Transmission of Protected Health Information by Non-Secure Means
- Consent for Transmission of Protected Health Information by Non-Secure Means, Short Authorization Form
- Consent for Transmission of Protected Health Information by Non-Secure Means, Long Authorization Form
- Communications Policy
- Online Resources
For Author's Bio, Click Here.
To order this Course now