Our Mission at the Zur Institute
- To provide quality continuing education, training and free information for psychotherapists and other health-care professionals.
- To offer information on health and wellness for the general public.
An Overview of Zur Institute Offerings
Our mission in regard to psychotherapy, counseling & mental health is to:
- Provide innovative and challenging continuing education for psychologists, social workers, marriage and family therapists, counselors, nurses and other health care providers.
- Make available to psychotherapists and counselors cutting-edge resources on numerous aspects of mental health and psychotherapeutic interventions.
- Fight the abuses and harm done by managed care to consumers by denying them care, and to psychotherapists, who are often unreasonably and unjustly denied the opportunity to provide quality and much needed care.
- Help psychologists, psychiatrists, social workers, marriage and family therapists and counselors build and market a fee-for-service and managed-care-free private practice.
- Educate psychotherapists about the risks of and harm done by rigid risk management practices.
- Replace therapists' fear of boards, attorneys & lawsuits with clinical integrity & quality care.
- Help health practitioners substitute rigid practices and dogmatic thinking with flexible approaches, humane practices and critical thinking.
- Encourage health care practitioners to focus on health and wellness, rather than on the DSM and pathology.
Our mission in regard to the general public, our community & society is to:
- Help people live well and be healthy with dignity and integrity.
- Help people understand what health is in its broadest sense and suggest ways to promote wellness and healthy ways of being.
- Provide the public with educational resources and the means to understand and effectively use therapy and counseling.
- Facilitate understanding of the roots of war and enmity, and how to promote social justice and peace.
- Increase awareness of how we have become a culture of victims and help people assume appropriate responsibility for their lives and the state of their community, and even the world.
- Help people identify their calling and find their vocation.
- Increase people's capacity to love, help with pre-nuptial awareness and effectively deal with issues of infidelity and affairs.
For information about Dr. Ofer Zur, Director of the Zur Institute, Inc.: