Multiple Relationships in Psychotherapy & Counseling:
Unavoidable, Common, and Mandatory Relations between Clients & Therapists
Ofer Zur, Ph.D., Editor
Routledge: New York (2017)
This first-of-a-kind analysis will focus exclusively on unavoidable and mandated multiple relationships between clients & psychotherapists, such as:
- The ethics of a range of venues and situations where dual relationships are mandated, such as in the military, prisons/jails, and police departments, and settings where multiple relationships are unavoidable, such as rural communities, graduate schools and training institutions, faith, spiritual, recovery or 12-step, minority and disabled communities, total institutions, and sport psychology.
- The complexities of social network ethics and digital dual relationships, such as clients becoming 'friends' or 'fans' on their therapists' social media pages are discussed.
- The complexities and multiple roles that inevitably emerge in supervisory relationships.
To pre-order the book from Amazon,
Boundaries in Psychotherapy: Ethical and Clinical Explorations
Published by American Psychological Association, APA Books
This most comprehensive book on ethical therapeutic boundaries
covers the following topics:
- Non-Sexual Touch ... Therapist's Self-Disclosure ... Gifts
- Dual Relationships ... Bartering ... Home Visits ... Adventure Therapy
- Fees ... TeleMental Health - E-Therapy ... Attending Clients’ Weddings
- Incidental or Chance Encounters ... Clothing ... Language ...Silence ...and much more . . .
To order the book from Amazon,
The Complete Fee-for-Service Private Practice Handbook - Revised 2015
A most complete and comprehensive guide to:
- Building . . .
- Marketing . . .
- and Sustaining a managed-care-free fee-for-service private practice
- 177+ pages, 59 topics, hundreds of links & resources
- Step-by-step guide to getting out of managed care and marketing your fee-for-service private practice
Instant PDF Download $95.00...
HIPAA Compliance Kit With Ready-to-use Forms
Updated in 2016 with significant updates and revisions of the Security Rule, Online presence, and much more.
Understanding & Applying The Regulations in Psychotherapeutic Practice
8th Edition ...
Best Selling HIPAA Manual Successfully Used By Thousands of Therapists
The Kit will aid psychotherapists in private practice with:
- Understanding HIPAA's basic facts and requirements.
- Implementing a step-by-step process towards HIPAA compliance.
- Acquiring checklists and ready-to-use, user-friendly forms, which you will be able to personalize and employ right away.
- Avoiding penalties and other risks associated with non-compliance.
- Learning low-tech ways to use billing services and clearinghouses to continue receiving insurance company reimbursements.
Instant PDF Download $98.00
Dual Relationships and Psychotherapy
Arnold A. Lazarus, Ph.D., ABPP, and Ofer Zur, Ph.D., Editors
Springer, New York, 2002
This ground-breaking book:
- Is the first authoritative and non-dogmatic book on non-sexual dual relationships in psychotherapy.
- Demonstrates how non-sexual dual relationships can increase trust, familiarity, and therapeutic effectiveness.
- Covers the clinical, ethical and legal aspects of non-sexual dual relationships and provides detailed guidelines on how to navigate the complexities of dual relationships.
To order the book from Amazon,
Click to View Dr. Zur's Author Page on Amazon
Top of Page