HIPAA Made Friendly:
Law, Ethics, and Updated Regulations
This online course gives you instant online access
to the entire 2013 HIPAA Compliance Kit and HIPAA Forms
8 CE Credits - Online Course - $125.00
Developed by Ofer Zur, Ph.D.
Course fulfills the California and other states' ethics and law requirements.
Course may qualify for insurance discount. Check with your insurer.
CE Credits for Psychologists,
LMFTs, LPCCs, LEPs & LCSWs (BBS) Social
Counselors (NBCC, NAADAC, CALPCC), Nurses (BRN) & More
This course is also offered as part of a HIPAA Compliance/Security & Privacy
Savings Package of 18 CE Credits.
This course is also offered as part of an Advanced Ethics Certificate Program of 71 CE Credits.
Save time & money with our Online Packages.
1. Sign up securely online.
2. Read articles.
3. Submit evaluation & post-test.
4. Print your certificate.
To order this Course now
GENERAL COURSE DESCRIPTION
This is a beginning-intermediate level course introducing and updating psychotherapists, counselors, and other mental health providers to the complexities and applications of HIPAA regulations.
The course includes extensive updates for the 2013 Final Rule regulations and new, updated HIPAA forms. Course includes instant downloads of the entire HIPAA Kit 5th edition and HIPAA Forms in Word and PDF formats ready to be easily personalized.
The course will explain HIPAA-related terms, such as Covered Entity, Privacy Rule, Security Rule, Psychotherapy Notes, Consent, Authorization, Risk Assessment, Risk Management, Breach Assessment and many other terms and rulings. The course will help psychotherapists to achieve compliance with HIPAA and point out how to deal with issues arising when states' laws and HIPAA regulations overlap. A state-by-state preemption analysis is not provided. However, a summary preemption analysis of California law and HIPAA is included. Additionally, the course will provide therapists with some of the basic forms that they can adapt to their practices in order to comply with regulations.
This course will teach psychotherapists to
- Discuss the basics of HIPAA.
- Specify the simple steps to becoming compliant.
- Apply the provided HIPAA Compliant Checklists.
- Utilize the provided basic ready-to-use forms.
- Summarize the Privacy, Security, and Transaction Rules.
- Explain the relationships between HIPAA and the Codes of Ethics and the ethical decision-making process.
- Summarize the Omnibus or Final Rule of 2013.
- Describe the relationships between HIPAA and The Standard of Care of psychotherapy.
- For a detailed Syllabus: Click here for the table of contents of the HIPAA Compliance Kit
Use your browser's back button to return here.
For Author's Bio, Click Here.
To order this Course now