East Meets West
6 CE Credits/Hours - Online Course - $59.00
Developed by Sage de Beixedon Breslin, Ph.D.,
CE Credits for Psychologists. CE Credits (CEUs) for LMFTs, Social Workers, Counselors and Nurses.
CE Approvals by BBS-CA, ASWB, NBCC, NAADAC, CA-BRN & more.
Zur Institute is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Zur Institute maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
Save time & money with our Online Packages.
1. Sign up securely online.
2. Read articles.
3. Submit evaluation & post-test.
4. Print your certificate.
To order this Course now
GENERAL COURSE DESCRIPTION
During the last decade infertility has reached nearly epidemic proportions. As a result, we have had to revise our perspectives of and treatments for infertility. Through a large body of research we have discovered that the most effective means for treating fertility challenges lie not only in the complex medical procedures to join sperm and egg but also in the comprehensive care for mind, body and spirit. The Mind/Body Medicine of Harvard Medical Center now rests at the foundation for most clinicians who effectively treat today's fertility issues.
This is an introductory course on Infertility which incorporates both Western Medical views as well as Integrative Medical approaches to the diagnosis and treatment of reproductive health issues. Basic information about common reproductive disorders and their etiologies are provided, and a variety of treatments for these issues are reviewed. The first four articles provide comprehensive definitions and descriptions of the most common disorders and factors associated with infertility. The next four articles provide an Integrative Medical perspective on fertility challenges, their origins and on the most effective strategies for resolving infertility. The final article provides resources for both clinician and client involved in the treatment of infertility.
This course will teach the participant to
- Describe the most common factors and disorders associated with infertility.
- Summarize the Western Medical treatments available for reproductive disorders.
- Identify the elemental components of the Mind/Body Medical Approach to infertility.
- Review the potential impacts of the Mind/Body Approach on the student or client.
- Factors associated with Infertility
- Disorders and Diagnoses associated with Infertility
- Impacts on Fertility
- Impacts of Maternal Age
- Impacts of Immunological Disorders
- Impacts of Previous Miscarriage
- Treatment of Infertility
- Western Interventions
- Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART)
- Eastern Interventions
- Integrative Interventions
- Mind/Body Medicine
- Individual, Couples and Group Counseling
- Movement Therapy
- Meditation Relaxation Training
- Abdominal Massage
- Herbal Medicine
- Beyond Primary Treatment
- Reproductive Options
- Child-free Living
To order this Course now