Menopause in the New Millennium
6 CE Credits/Hours - Online Course - $59.00
Developed by Sage de Beixedon Breslin, Ph.D.
CE Credits for Psychologists. CE Credits (CEUs) for LMFTs, Social Workers, Counselors and Nurses.
CE Approvals by BBS-CA, ASWB, NBCC, NAADAC, CA-BRN & more.
Zur Institute is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Zur Institute maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
Save time & money with our Online Packages.
1. Sign up securely online.
2. Read articles.
3. Submit evaluation & post-test.
4. Print your certificate.
To order this Course now
GENERAL COURSE DESCRIPTION
Menopause seems to mean something different to every person surveyed. The process, while it can be simply defined and described, is an idiosyncratic one. Each woman reaches menopause at her own pace, experiences her own unique set of symptoms, and perceives the process in her own way. Culture and community significantly impact the way she moves through this developmental stage. Because of the broad spectrum of experience related to menopause, there seems to be no common protocol about how to achieve symptom relief or to assist a menopausal woman as she moves through this passage.
This introductory course incorporates 21 short articles to define and describe the stages of menopause, the current treatments available through both Western and Eastern medicine, the controversy about Hormone Replacement Therapy, and the hopes for healthy life transition for all women.
This course will teach the participant to
- Define and describe the developmental stage of Menopause.
- Summarize common physical, emotional, psychological and spiritual concerns that may arise during this time of life.
- List common treatments for symptoms often attributed to menopause.
- Identify beliefs which may empower women and promote healthy passage through this developmental stage.
- Perimenopause: Just the Facts
- Menopause: Facts and Fictions
- Treatment for Menopause: BODY
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT): Facts and Usage
- HRT: Benefits
- HRT: Potential Risks and Adverse Effects
- Pharmacological Interventions
- Integrative Medicine and Menopause
- Acupuncture & Acupressure
- Herbal Remedies
- Nutritional Counseling & Dietary Change
- Exercise and Movement
- Treatment for Menopause: MIND
- Psychological Interventions
- Treatment for Menopause: SPIRIT
- The Magic of Menopause: Becoming a Wise Woman
To order this Course now