It is possible to have any of Dr. Zur's workshops or lectures presented by him in person in YOUR area or for your organization or institute:
Since 1990, Dr. Zur has trained thousands of psychotherapists across the United States on issues of ethics, dual relationships, supervision and how to build a thriving private practice outside managed care. Professional associations and individuals are welcome to explore with Dr. Zur the option of bringing any of his workshops, including
Dual Relationships, Boundaries in Therapy,
Supervision, Future of Psychology,
Domestic Violence, Psychology of Victims, Effective Therapy or Metaphor Of Illness to their own area.
Dr. Zur's approach to consulting emphasizes health and healing rather than pathology and sickness. He coaches, guides, and helps people to find meaning in their lives, search for their vocation or calling, and explore their spiritual paths. For more information about Dr. Zur's philosophy of treatment, click here. In his courses and consultations for the general public, Dr. Zur has focused on issues such as loving relationships, children and television violence, psychology of men and women, chronic illness, the chronically mentally ill and their families, grief, modern technology and the pace of life, psychology of victims, and divorcing with dignity and integrity. Audiotapes and reprints of his publications are available at his online catalog. For additional services, click here.
Topics & Descriptions of Dr. Zur's Workshops and Lectures
There are a number of ways to do this:
The simplest way is to have your state or local professional organization sponsor the event. For this you have to contact your state or local chapter of Psychological Association, CAMFT, NASW, AAMFT or Counseling Association chapter or local college, university, clinics or hospital. Of course, any other organization or individual can sponsor a workshop. Collaboration between different organizations is often a better solution because it makes it makes marketing and financing easier.
The usual arrangement is as follows:
- For a negotiated fee Dr. Zur will teach the workshop/s at a designated location in your area.
- The individual/s or organization/s sponsoring the workshop/s will be responsible for the following:
- Finding and securing a location for the workshop.
- Marketing and advertising the workshop through direct mail, newsletters and websites or emails and mailing lists. (Dr. Zur will offer guidance to support the marketing efforts.)
- Administering the registration and the workshop.
- Dr. Zur is an approved provider for continuing education by:
- American Psychological Association (APA)
- BBS - California: For CE for MFT's and LCSW's in CA
- ASWB: Association of Social Work Boards
- NBCC: National Board of Certified Counselors
- Continuing education Certificate Programs can be the responsibility of either Dr. Zur or the sponsor organization.
For description of Dr. Zur's workshops, click here.
For additional description of Dr. Zur's lectures, click here.
For Dr. Zur's CV, click here.