Creating a Social Media Policy: A Step-by-Step Guide
Online Course Materials: Articles Audios Articles Videos
Developed by Keely Kolmes, Psy.D.
This course includes an exclusive copy of Dr. Kolmes's 2020 Updated and Annotated Social Media Policy.
Course materials include videos, with audio versions and transcripts.
General Course Description
This course is the fourth section of the 4ceu Digital and Social Media Ethics course. It is offered as an independent course for those only wanting access to Dr. Kolmes’s updated Social Media Policy along with an in-depth explanation of what is required to develop a comprehensive policy.
This intermediate level course contains a video with an audio version and transcript along with an exclusive copy of Dr. Kolmes’s 2020 Updated and Annotated Social Media Policy. This course walks you through creating a social media policy for your practice or organization. There are specific questions to be used as guides in auditing your digital technology use, with exercises to generate your own policy.
- This course will teach the participant to
- Assess your own use of social media to determine the essential components of what you need to include in Informed Consent.
- Create a social media policy for one’s office to address potential boundary issues with clients.
- Demonstrate your awareness of your own ethical standards regarding your use of social media.
- Creating a Social Media Policy with Dr. Kolmes’s Updated Social Media Policy (2020)
- Additional Samples of Social Media Policies
- E-Mail between Therapists and Patients
- E-mail Tips for Clinicians: Two Articles Read by Keely
- Device Management
- Codes of Ethics
- Dr. Kolmes’s 2020 Updated Social Media Policy