58 Essential Clinical Forms are available online in Word Document format. You can access them instantaneously online, copy them to your word processing program, insert your letterhead and name, adapt them to your particular practice, and you’re all set. Important forms for your private practice include:
Form #1: Office Policies & Informed Consent: This form must be read and signed before or at the beginning of the very first session. Practicing without this form may be an ethical violation and may put you below the standard of care.
Form #2: Biographical Questionnaire: Have your client fill out this three-page questionnaire before the first session. You need this information in your client’s clinical files.
Form #5: Initial Assessment – After the first session: This simple two page form includes a mental status exam, DX or focus of treatment, and basic treatment plan. It is proof that you know what and how you treat your clients.
Form #17: Authorization to Release Information: You should never release info before your clients sign this form (unless it is required by the law).
Form #23: Termination Summary: This basic form must be filled out and placed in the clinical file for each client that you have terminated with.
Form #43 and 44: Treatment Plan: A simple to fill out, two page form, articulating your DX impressions or focus of treatment, identifying short and long term goals, and outlining the type of intervention you intend to use.
Form #50: Professional Will: Prepare for the unexpected and unavoidable. It is unethical to practice without such a will and can cause major problems to your beloved ones and your estate.
Are these forms available in hard copy? We do not mail hard copies or CDs. This offer is only for online downloads in Microsoft Word format.
Does all the information in the office policy forms comply with my state laws? The Office Policies (Informed Consent) like all other forms in this Kit are basic and generic. You will need to adjust them so they are in compliance with your state’s laws and regulations, professional code of ethics, work setting and clientele.
Does this kit include a CE course or credits? Forms purchased on this page do NOT include the CE course and credits. Receive the Clinical Forms AND CE Credit Hours via our Record Keeping Online Course.
Most Essential – Initial Forms
1. Office Policies & General Information, Agreement for Psychotherapy Services or Informed Consent for Psychotherapy
2. Biographical Information – Intake Form (3 pages)
3. Biographical Information – Intake Form, (electronic version)
4. Biographical Information (1 page)
5. Initial Assessment after the First Session
Addendums to Office Policies (Form #1)
6. Social Networking and Online Search Policies
7. Dual (or Multiple) Relationships
8. Therapy via Phone, Text or Email
9. Treatment of Minors
10. Group Therapy
11. Touch in Therapy
12. Home Office
Consents and Authorizations
14. Coaching Informed Consent
15. Consent for Treatment of Minors & Others
16. Consent to Use Touch in Psychotherapy
17. Authorization Consenting to Release Information – pre-HIPAA
18. Responsibility to Pay for Sessions
19. Consent for a Visitor to Attend a Session
20. Collateral Therapy Consent
21. Permission to Record or Photograph Psychotherapy Session
22. Consent to Record or Videotape Training Session
Termination Forms and Letters
23. Termination Summary
24. Discontinuation of Therapy Letter (Premature Termination Letter)
25. Therapy is Terminated Due to Lack of Progress – Letter
26. Therapy is Terminated Due to Adverse UR Decision – Letter
27. Overdue Payment Letter
28. Sample Bill/Invoice
29. Super Bill
30. Patient’s Ledger
Private Practice Management Forms
31. Intern Evaluation
32. Progress Notes (SOAP, etc.)
33. Phone Consultation Form
34. Tax Deductible Expenses
35. Confidentiality Statement, Employees
36. Tracking Referral Source
37. Marketing Plan, Outline
38. FAX Cover Sheet
39. Email Signature, Re: Confidentiality
40. Outlines for a Letter Resigning from Managed Care Panels
41. Number of Sessions-Update
42. Telemedicine Disclosure/Informed Consent
43. Treatment Plan-Initial
44. Update – Treatment Plan
Subpoena & Forensic Related Forms
45. Responding to a Subpoena
46. Request for Confidential Records
47. Forensic Agreement & Fee Schedule- Expert Witness
48. Affidavit of Merit
49. Directive to Protect Mental Health Information
50. Professional Will
51. Personal Injury Doctor’s Lien
Clinical Related Forms
52. Obsessive/Compulsive/Drug Abuse Log
53. Suicide Check List
54. Suicide Contract
Therapist’s Self-assessment & Professional Development
55. Discover Your Vocation – Infusing Your Life with Joy
56. Therapists: Explore Your Relationships to Money and Marketing
57. Therapists: Self-assessment for Treating Different Aspects of Life
58. Therapists: Self-assessment for Clinical Skills