Anger Management in Psychotherapy & Counseling
Resources & References
An Online Course:
Anger Management in Psychotherapy and Counseling
Workbooks for Those with Unhealthy Anger:
- Anger Management: The Complete Treatment Guide for Practitioners
- The Anger Workbook
- The Anger Workbook for Women: How to Keep Your Anger from Undermining Your Self-Esteem, Your Emotional Balance, and Your Relationships
- Rage: A Step-by-Step Guide to Overcoming Explosive Anger
- The Verbally Abusive Relationship: How to Recognize it and how to Respond
- When Good Men Behave Badly: Change your Relationships, Change your Life
- Alikhani, S. F. (2017). The Effectiveness of Anger Management Group Training based on Cognitive Restructuring on Increasing Students’ Social Intimacy in Shiraz. South Journal of Educational Psychology and Counseling, 4, 1, 78-84.
- Amutio, A., Franco, C., Pérez-Fuentes, M. D., Gázquez, J. J., & Mercader, I. (2014). Mindfulness training for reducing anger, anxiety, and depression in fibromyalgia patients. Frontiers in Psychology, 5, 1532.
- Asadzandi, M., Sekarifard, M., Ebadi, A., Morovvati Sharif Abad , M A, & M. S. (2015). Effects of anger management training based on Health Promotion Model on soldiers engaged in risky behavior. Iranian Journal of Psychiatric Nursing, 2, 4, 68-79.
- Bagheri, M., Nowrozi, R. A., & Sarmadi, M. (2016). The Effect of Critical Thinking Instruction on Anger and Positive Affect Control of Female Child Training Students of Technical and Vocational College in Borujerd. Journal of Administrative Management, Education and Training, 12, 3, 576-585.
- Barber, T. (2017). The forgotten emotion: an interpretative phenomenological analysis into the lived experience of anger in young men. London, England: Middlesex University Press.
- Boylan, J. M., & Ryff, C. D. (2013). Varieties of Anger and the Inverse Link between Education and Inflammation: Toward an Integrative Framework. Psychosomatic Medicine, 75, 6, 566-574.
- Cha, Y. (2016). The Effects of Anger Management Parenting Program with DVDs on Anger. International Journal of Bio-Science and Bio-Technology, 8, 6, 225-232.
- Chin, L. S., & Ahmad, N. S. (2013). EFFECT OF ANGER MANAGEMENT MODULE USING COGNITIVE BEHAVIORAL THERAPY (CBT) ON ANGER EXPRESSION AMONG THE ADOLESCENTS IN SECONDARY SCHOOL. South Journal of Educational Psychology and Counseling, 27.
- Eisenstadt, L. F., & Geddes, D. (2017). Suppressed Anger, Retaliation Doctrine, and Workplace Culture. Research Gate.
- Fan, R., Zhao, J., Chen, Y., & Xu, K. (2014). Anger Is More Influential than Joy: Sentiment Correlation in Weibo. PLoS ONE, 9, 10.
- Forutan, M. R., Jomehri, F., & Mojmanari, A. K. (2015). A Comparison of the Effectiveness of the Process-based Forgiveness Intervention by Ordinary and Actor Therapist on the Anger of the Male Adolescents in Correctional Centers. European Online Journal of Natural and Social Sciences, 4, 1, 2445-2453.
- Funches, V. (2016). A Model of Consumer Anger. Journal of Marketing Management, 4, 1, 31-42.
- Gneezy, U., & Imas, A. (2013). Materazzi effect and the strategic use of anger in competitive interactions. PNAS, 111, 4, 1334-1337.
- Jiang, R. F., Tong, H. Q., Delucchi, K. L., Neylan, T. C., Shi, Q., & Meffert, S. M. (2014). Interpersonal psychotherapy versus treatment as usual for PTSD and depression among Sichuan earthquake survivors: a randomized clinical trial. Conflict and Health, 8, 14, 2-10.
- José, A. O., Deffenbacher, J. L., Guzmán, L. H., & Wilson, G. (2015). High and Low Trait Anger, and the Recognition of Anger Problems. The Spanish Journal of Psychology, 18.
- Judd, L. L., Schettler, P. J., & Coryell, W. (2013). Overt Irritability/Anger in Unipolar MDEs. JAMA Psychiatry, 70, 11, 1171-1180.
- Kabasakal, Z. (2013). The Effects of Mother Education Programs on the Functionality, Anger Management and Conflict Solution Levels of Families. Eurasian Journal of Educational Research, 52, 1-20.
- Kalantari, N., Doaei, S., Gordali, M., Rahimzadeh, G., & Gholamalizadeh, M. (2016). The Association between Dairy Intake, Simple Sugars and Body Mass Index with Expression and Extent of Anger in Female Students. Iranian Journal of Psychiatry, 11, 1, 43-50.
- Kuzucu, Y. (2016). Do Anger Control and Social Problem-Solving Mediate Relationships between Difficulties in Emotion Regulation and Aggression in Adolescents? Kuram ve Uygulamada Egitim Bilimleri, 16, 3.
- Lee, S. C. (2016). Effect Of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) Anger Management Module On Anger Expressions Among Adolescents. Universiti Sains Malaysia
- Lindebaum, D., & Geddes, D. (2015). The place and role of (moral) anger in organizational behavior studies. J. Organiz. Behav., 37, 738-757.
- Lissade, Y. (2015). The Effect of an Arts-Based, Anger-Management Intervention for Girls Displaying Aggresive Behavior Who Are Being Reared Without Their Fathers. Fort Lauderdale, FL: Nova Southeastern University Press.
- Long, K. A., Lobato, D., Kao, B., Plante, W., Grullón, E., Cheas, L., and Seifer, R. (2013). Perceptions of Emotion Expression and Sibling–Parent Emotion Communication in Latino and Non-Latino White Siblings of Children with Intellectual Disabilities. Journal of Pediatric Psychology, 38, 5, 551-562.
- Lotfali, S., Moradi, A., & Ekhtiari, H. (2016). On the Effectiveness of Emotion Regulation Training in Anger Management and Emotional Regulation Difficulties in Adolescents. Modern Applied Science, 11, 1.
- McCarthy, S., Wilton, L., Murray, M., Hodgkins, P., Asherson, P., & Wong, I. C. (2013). Management of adult attention deficit hyperactivity disorder in UK primary care: a survey of general practitioners. Health and Quality of Life Outcomes, 11, 22, 2-12.
- McCullougha1, M. E., Pedersena, E. J., Tabakab, B. A., & Carter, E. C. (2014). Conciliatory gestures promote forgiveness and reduce anger in humans. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 111, 30, 11211-11216.
- Rees, S., Silove, D., Verdial, T., Tam, N., Savio, E., Fonseca, Z. and Steel, Z. (2013). Intermittent Explosive Disorder amongst Women in Conflict Affected Timor-Leste: Associations with Human Rights Trauma, Ongoing Violence, Poverty, and Injustice. PLoS ONE, 8, 8.
- Shahbazzadeh, S., & Beliad, M. R. (2017). The Mediatory Role of Exercise Self-Regulation in the Relationship between Personality Traits and Anger Management of Athletes. International Education Studies, 10, 5, 181-187.
- Shahsavarani, A. M., & Noohi, S. (2014). Explaining the Bases and Fundamentals of Anger: A literature Review. International Journal of Medical Reviews, 1, 4, 143-149.
- Sharman, L., & Dingle, G. A. (2015). Extreme Metal Music and Anger Processing. Frontiers in Human Neuroscience, 9, 272, 1-11.
- Shochet, I., Montague, R., Smith, C., & Dadds, M. (2014). A Qualitative Investigation of Adolescents’ Perceived Mechanisms of Change from a Universal School-Based Depression Prevention Program. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 11, 5, 5541-5554.
- Steffgen, G. (2017). Anger Management – Evaluation of a Cognitive-Behavioral Training Program for Table Tennis Players. Journal of Human Kinetics, 55, 65-73.
- Swan, M. (2015). Connected Car: Quantified Self becomes Quantified Car. Journal of Sensor and Actuator Networks, 4, 1, 2-29.
- Tarantino, S., Ranieri, C. D., Dionisi, C., Citti, M., Capuano, A., Galli, F., . . . Valeriani, M. (2013). Clinical features, anger management and anxiety: a possible correlation in migraine children. The Journal of Headache and Pain, 14, 1, 39.
- Tipton, M., & Bradford, C. (2014). Moving in extreme environments: open water swimming in cold and warm water. Extreme Physiology & Medicine, 3, 12, 2-11.
- Turner, J. B. (2015). Anger management in primary care. Nursing in Practice, 87.
- Ullrich, S., Keers, R., & Coid, J. W. (2013). Delusions, Anger, and Serious Violence: New Findings From the MacArthur Violence Risk Assessment Study. Schizophrenia Bulletin, 40, 5, 1174-1181.
- Willner, P. (2013). Factors influencing clinical outcomes: a pre–post study of the anger management intervention. Health Technology Assessment, 17, 21.
- Willner, P., Rose, J., Jahoda, A., Kroese, B. S., Felce, D., Cohen, D., . . . Hood, K. (2013). Group-based cognitive-behavioural anger management for people with mild to moderate intellectual disabilities: cluster randomised controlled trial. The British Journal of Psychiatry, 203, 4, 288-296.
- Yalcin, B., Unal, M., Pirdal, H., & Karahan, T. F. (2014). Effects of an Anger Management and Stress Control Program on Smoking Cessation: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Journal of the American Board of Family Medicine, 14, 1430-1468.
- Yip, V. C., Gudjonsson, G. H., Perkins, D., Doidge, A., Hopkin, G., & Young, S. (2013). A non-randomised controlled trial of the R&R2MHP cognitive skills program in high risk male offenders with severe mental illness. BioMed Central Psychiatry, 13, 267, 2-12.
- Yoshihara, K., Hiramoto, T., Oka, T., Kubo, C., & Sudo, N. (2014). Effect of 12 weeks of yoga training on the somatization, psychological symptoms, and stress-related biomarkers of healthy women. Biopsychosocial Medicine, 8, 1, 2-9.
- Yousefi, A. R., Keshtiaray, N., & Khajehpour, L. (2016). Anger and its Management Strategies in Saadi’s Bustan. Turkish Journal of Psychology, 31, 77, 114-124.
- Ziraki, F. P., & Hassan, T. (2017). Investigating the Effectiveness of Dialectical Behavior Therapy in Clinical Symptoms, Anger Control and Emotional Regulation of Bully Children. International Journal of Clinical Medicine, 8, 277-292.