Resources & References
Table Of Contents
- Schatzberg, Alan & Oldham, J. (n.d.). Mindscape: The Complexities of Mental Health Medications
- Using Ketamine for treatment-resistant depression (n.d.)Psychiatrist Rupert McShane is interviewed about his current research into the antidepressant effects of ketamine infusion
Collaborative Mental Health Care
- American Psychiatric Association (n.d.). What is the collaborative care model? https://www.psychiatry.org/psychiatrists/practice/professional-interests/integrated-care/get-trained/about-collaborative-care
- Dobmeyer, Anne C. (2018). Psychological treatment of medical patients in integrated primary care, Washington, DC: American Psychological Association
- Johanne Eliacin, Johanne et al. (2015). Factors influencing patients’ preferences and perceived involvement in shared decision-making in mental health care, Journal of Mental Health 24(1):24-8.
- Stacey, Gemma et al. (2016). A critical narrative analysis of shared decision-making in acute inpatient mental health care, Journal of Interprofessional Care 30(1):35-41.
- Unützer, J., Harbin, H., Schoenbaum,M., & Druss, B. (2013). The collaborative care model: an approach for integrating physical and mental health care in medicaid health homes, American Journal of Public Health 102 (6) 41-45
- Preston, J, O’Neal, J & Talaga M (2017). Handbook of clinical psychopharmacology for therapists: 8th edition. New York, New Harbinger
- Schatzberg, Alan & Nemeroff, Howard (2017). Essentials of clinical psychopharmacology, Washington, DC: American Psychiatric Association
Minorities & Other Vulnerable Populations
- Ong, Anthony D.; Williams, David R.; Nwizu, Ujuonu; & Gruenewald, Tara L. Everyday unfair treatment and multisystem biological dysregulation in African American adults, Cultural Diversity and Ethnic Minority Psychology. 23(1), 27-35
Antidepressants & Bipolar Disorder
- Carter, Cindy (2017). Depression, antidepressants and cognitions: silent schemas in the walking wounded Journal of Psychology & Psychotherapy, 7:287 DOI: 10.4172/2161-0487.1000287
- Doggrell, S. et. al. (2013). Cardiac safety concerns for domperidone, an antiemetic and prokinetic, and galactogogue medicine, Expert Opinion on Drug Safety 13 (1)
- Fisher, A, Manicavasagar, V, Shar pe, L, Laidsaar-Powell, R & Juraskova, I (2018). A qualitative exploration of patient and family views and experiences of treatment decision-making in bipolar II disorder, Journal of Mental Health, 27 (1), 66-79.
- Freire, A, de Oliveira, C & Pereira, MP (2016) Antidepressants in pregnancy and autism spectrum disorder: a systematic review, Journal of Psychiatry DOI: 10.4172/2378-5756.1000392
- Habiobollahi, P, Vahdati, S & Majd, P (2016). Central nerve system symptom of tri-cyclic acids antidepressants Emergency Medicine 6: 339. DOI: 10.4172/2165-7548.1000339
- Hiemke, Christopher (2016). Why do antidepressant therapies have such a poor success rate? Expert Review of Neurotherapeutics 16:6, 597-599
- Solomon, Andrew (2014). Depression and pregnancy: the terrifying dilemma, New Yorker September 15, 2014
- Tracy, Liz (2017). Why I stayed on antidepressants while pregnant and nursing, The Atlantic, May 22, 2017
- Zaky, Ahmed Eman (2017). Antidepressants in Children and Adolescents, to Give or Not to Give; When and What???!! International Journal of School and Cognitive Psychology, 4(3): e108 DOI: 10.4172/2469-9837.1000e108
- Bhat, V & Hechtman, L (2016). Considerations in selecting pharmacological treatments for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, Clinical Pharmacist, Feb 11, doi: https://www.pharmaceutical-journal.com/research/review-article/considerations-in-selecting-pharmacological-treatments-for-attention-deficit-hyperactivity-disorder/20200602.article
- Clemrow, David (2014). The potential for misuse and abuse of medications in ADHD: a review, Postgraduate Medicine 126 (5), 64-81
- Elliott, G., Blasey, C., Rekshan, W, et al (2014). Cognitive testing to identify children with ADHD who do and do not respond to methylphenidate, Journal of Attention Disorders 21 (14), 1151-1160
- Jaber, L, Rigler, S, Shuper, A & Diamond, G (2014). Changing epidemiology of methylphenidate prescriptions in the community: a multifactorial model, Journal of Attention Disorders 21 (14) , 1143-1150
- Liguori, Anthony (2013). Psychopharmacology of attention: The impact of drugs in an age of increased distractions. Experimental and Clinical Psychopharmacology 21(5), 343-344
- Robb, A., Findling, R et al (2014). Efficacy, safety, and tolerability of a novel methylphenidate extended-release oral suspension (MEROS) in ADHD, Journal of Attention Disorders 21 (14), 1180-1191
- Robitaille, C et al. (2016). Prescription psychostimulant use among young adults: a narrative review of qualitative studies, Substance Use & Misuse 51 (3), 357-369
- Roskell, N.S. et al (2014). Systematic evidence synthesis of treatments for ADHD in children and adolescents: indirect treatment comparisons of lisdexamfetamine with methylphenidate and atomoxetineCurrent Medical Research and Opinion(8):1673-85. doi: 10.1185/03007995.2014.904772.
- Weyandt, Lisa L.; Oster, Danielle R.; Marraccini, Marisa E.; Gudmundsdottir, Bergljot Gyda; Munro, Bailey A.; Rathkey, Emma S.; & McCallum, Alison (2016). Prescription stimulant medication misuse: Where are we and where do we go from here? Experimental and Clinical Psychopharmacology 24(5), 400-414
- Peter Breggin is a leading voice in advising caution in the use of psychotropics. His website has a wide array of articles, books, videos, and podcasts
- The Icarus Project – A website by people with mental disorders advocating for collaborative and humane mental health care
- Mindfreedom – A website by people with mental disorders advocating for collaborative and humane mental health care
- Ahmadian-Attari, M., Noorbala, A. et. al (2015). Omega-3 fatty acids and cholesterol have a main role in antidepression diet of Iranian traditional medicine, Journal of Evidence-Based Complementary & Alternative Medicine, 22 (2), 205-209.
- Barnett, Jeffrey, Shale, Allison, Elkins, G & Fisher, W (2014). Complementary and Alternative Medicine for Psychologists: An Essential Resource, Washington, DC: American Psychological Association
- Bridges, L & Sharma, M (2017). The efficacy of yoga as a treatment for depression, Journal of Evidence-Based Complementary & Alternative Medicine, 22 (4), 1017-1028.
- Green, Jen and Wright, Heather (2017). From bench to bedside: converting placebo research into belief activation, The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine. 23 (8), 575-580.
- Grodin, M, Piwowarczyk, L et. al (2008). Treating survivors of torture and refugee trauma: a preliminary case series using qigong and t’ai chi, The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine 14 (7), 801-806
- Poland, R, Gertsik, L.et al (2013). Open-label, randomized, parallel-group controlled clinical trial of massage for treatment of depression in HIV-infected subjects, The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine. 19 (4), 334-340.
- Redwine, L, Tsaung, M et. al (2012). A pilot study exploring the effects of a 12-week t’ai chi intervention on somatic symptoms of depression in patients with heart failure, The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine 18 (8), 744-748.